Do I Really Need a Blog for My Business?
by Zoe Huden on December 16, 2013
As businesses in all industries work to increase their online presence, one common question continues to be asked: “do I really need a blog for my business?” The answer is a resounding “YES!”
Blogging has quickly become one of the most valuable content marketing tools available for businesses today. Not only does a blog provide you with greater opportunities to improve your search engine rankings, but it’s also an easy (and fun) way to extend your brand image.
Consider the following benefits of keeping a blog for your business:
- Low cost, high reward. Blogs cost virtually nothing to maintain in the grand scheme of things, yet their benefits are immense. They provide you with an outlet to add some personality to your business, bringing your audience closer to you. They also offer your audience a valuable opportunity to get engaged by leaving comments or sharing your posts.
- Improved lead generation. Along with social media, blogs have become the fastest-growing category today in generating business leads. We already know that blogs are relatively inexpensive, and you can’t understate the value of cheap business leads
- Guest articles. As your blog builds up its following, you can invite guests to write blog posts for you. These guests could be gurus within your industry, satisfied clients or other recognizable faces. These types of posts are certain to generate greater interest among your audience.
- It’s easy. Or at least, the technical aspects of creating a blog are easy. Any blogging platform that you install into your website will be extremely user-friendly. You won’t need to have any significant technical knowledge to update it and keep it looking great.
- It’s fun. When you consider all of the stressful tasks that you need to keep up with on a day to day basis in your business, wouldn’t it be nice to have one that you look forward to? Blogs offer a creative outlet for you and your employees and give you a chance to think outside the box and engage on a much closer level with your audience.
- More opportunities for social media marketing. Every time you put up a new post, it gives you another topic to bring up on your social media pages.
- A voice for your business. As previously mentioned, a blog can help give your business its own unique personality or voice. This is important because people often think of companies as some big, faceless entity that is impossible to get to know or get close to. The closer you can get your audience to you, the more likely they are to keep coming back for more.
Don’t hold back any longer – there are limitless benefits available to your business as soon as you get started on your blog. For more information about blogging or for assistance in getting started, contact our digital marketing experts at Confluence.